Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring has Sprung

Living in Southern Sweden this time of year is the stuff dreams are made of. The weather is pleasant and every time you head out your door there are new flowers in bloom. Somehow when the weather is good everything just seems better. People's moods are lifted, the birds are chirping and everything just seems to be in a moment of peaceful blissfulness.


I guess it might seem a bit odd that I am getting so excited about spring but back in South Africa I think we miss the subtleties that spring has to offer. For instance, in Sweden you can tell how far along spring is by the flowers that are in bloom. It is like a relay race with one type of flower blooming for a short period before making way for another to show its colours.

Today is a glorious spring day and I simply had to be outside so I packed my bags went and bought far too many yummy snacks, found a nice little park and had a one man picnic. I have decided that I am going to start doing more cycling....nothing too crazy but just try and ride for a couple of hours and see where I end up. I am not going to let the fact that I am super unfit deter me :)




Daylight saving was stopped this morning and we are back to summer times....It's almost 7pm outside and the sun shows no sign of resigning anytime soon....it doesn't feel like too long ago that it was pitch black by 4pm.

Anyways, this is just a random post about my spring excitement! Here are some pics of flowers I took the other day. I must have looked like a total dope crouched between all the flowers but I simply couldn't resist





No comments:

Post a Comment