Wednesday, March 14, 2012

IKEA %$#@ Yeah!

I believe it!
I did it! I finally did it! I went to IKEA.....

In the words of my friend Anne I am no longer an IKEA virgin. I am ashamed that I have lived in Sweden for almost seven months and have only now popped my IKEA cherry.....


Upon walking into IKEA one song kept resonating in my head....if you have watched Team America then you should be familiar with it "America, #%$@ Yeah!" But I slotted out America with IKEA!!!

IKEA %$#%$ Yeah! Coming again to save the mother^&%&% day yeah!

Ok ok...enough with the profanities and weird thoughts (can you tell that it is writing week and I have been cooped up all day?). IKEA was really amazing! My mind was blown by how big it was and how cheap everything was.

You can buy entire rooms!

Chairs anyone?

It's big!

The shop is also very clever...once you get walking it is like you are stuck in a perpetual maze unable to get out without buying something! I imagine that if I was setting up a home in Sweden I would really have a hard time not spending a crazy amount of money there every visit. You could literally (and I mean literally) furnish your entire house from the big things to the tiniest little details and probably still have enough time to stop and have meatballs!




Now Sweden is famous for its meatballs and potatoes and despite the ones at IKEA not being the best in town it is like a cultural rite of passage to eat meat balls in their huge cafeteria. It's a bummer we decided to go on the weekend because the meatballs were twice the price but the whole experience was fun (surprisingly American if I were to be honest...maybe that's because it's so big) and I was proud that I managed to leave IKEA with nothing but a full tummy, a plant, and a pillow!

Now if you live in Lund and you need anything (and I mean anything) IKEA is like you own stop fairytale land....they even have a food section that sells Swedish delicacies....nom nom nom! So if you have a spot of time or feel like burning a small hole in your wallet why don't you go for a stroll around IKEA!

Here are some IKEA ads just for kicks!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment