Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why so quite?

One of the perks of studying Europe is that you get to really exploit your summer holidays. With countries so close in proximity you are really able to get around and see some awesome stuff. Although not in the heart of Europe, Sweden (down south in particular) is only a stone through away from the rest of Europe.

So, like many other students waiting for the next semester to start I decided to take advantage of my summer holiday and I packed my bags ready for some adventure! I have been busy in the 7 weeks since university came to an end having visited not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 countries!



I had friends in Austria, Switzerland and Hungary so they all seemed like obvious stops and to top it all off I went to a place I had never given much thought to, Slovenia!

It is just too much to tell you everything in one entry so the next batch of entries will highlight what I did on my travels and show you a pic or two!

Now, however, I plan on staying put in Sweden. It is high time I got to seeing more of this beautiful country. With a summer card in hand I really plan on getting to see a big chunk of Skåne (the region I'm in). It is a bit of a bummer that the weather of late has been grey with fat clouds looming overheard threatening to burst at any moment. But rain or sunshine I am going to get on a train and see more of Skåne so keep posted for that too.

In other exciting news, Oliver will be here in under a month (Yiiippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!). I am so excited to see him its incredible and I am also super excited for our road trip in August. We are planning on going wild (camping out) and driving just a bit further north than Stockholm before making our slow way back. If you have any hints and tips on things we should see please drop a comment :)

OK, that's it for now!! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment