Sunday, July 29, 2012

Oh Switzerland! You beauty!

I met Bianca December 2004 on an exchange program in her beautiful town of Tamins just outside of Chur. It is hard to believe that we have known each other, and managed to stay in contact, for almost eight years.  So, when I found out I would be living in Europe I just knew that I would have to take some time to visit Bianca and her incredible family in their gorgeous corner of the world.



We spent most of our time in Graubunden, the province Bianca lives in, and did a lot of hiking, swimming in lakes, and riding bikes. It turns out travel to Switzerland in the summer is a lot cheaper than the winter because you don't need to pay to use the slopes and their is no need to hire skiing equipment.

Walking through the forests or hiking up the mountains was just amazing! The views were mind boggling and I caught myself unable to say anything (which is rare for me) because it was just too beautiful to describe.

The Grand Canyon of Graubunden

Caumasee

Caumasee!

We saw cows while walking in the Alps! I was super excited!

Cows are cool!




While there, HSBC was celebrating it's 50th birthday and giving away discount boat tickets. This meant that we were able to hop on and take a cruise on a lake (which we did on both Lake Zurich and Lake Lucerne) for only 5 euro. It was a bargain!

A rainy day on Lake Zurich

Zurich lake as the weather began to clear

Lake of Lucerne was just amazing!

We spent hours (4 I think) on one of these boats just cruising around.

If you can, a trip of Lake Lucerne is a must!

We also managed to spend a day in Lucerne, two nights in Zurich, and two nights in Locarno which were all awesome!

A gloomy day in Zurich

Not to be confused with the Red Cross :)

The next day Zurich was full of sunshine. So we took a dip!

Bianca and I in Lucerne

The second most famous symbol in Switzerland!

I just like this photo
In Locarno, a friend owned a boat so we did what any sane person would do.
We took it our for a spin!

Loving life!

Just beautiful!


I know that this won't be the last time I visit Switzerland. Despite being expensive it is home to a fantastic friend and wonderful scenery which is always worth another visit :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claudia,
    your pictures look AMAZING! I can hardly believe that Switzerland was 8 years ago. I still remember the fun day we had (trying to) snowboard on the mountain and how lovely Bianca and her family were. Hope you are enjoying the adventure. Take care - Amanda

    ReplyDelete