Friday, August 3, 2012

A spontaneous stop in Höllviken

One of the days last week when the weather was simply beautiful there was no option but to head down to the beach. My plan was to arrive at the central station and take the next bus to whichever beach. It turns out as I got there a bus to Falsterbo Peninsula was about to head out.
I had been there once before and knew that it would be well worth the journey (about an hour and a half just to get there). However, I did not expect the bus to get so full that it would have people lining the walkway. It was packed. It seems everyone had the same idea as me.

I sat in the bus and was grateful that I had a seat next to a window but soon the heat in the bus became too much and I just had to get off! So as soon as I heard the word strand (beach) I climbed off.


I found myself in Höllviken looking over a beautiful scene where people where playing far put in the water and I could get a glimpse of the Oresund Bridge in the distance.


But the tide was in and there wasn't much space to just sit and chill. So I followed the signs for swimming (a bobbing head in water...an odd sign). And before I knew it I was walking through a birch forest with beach sand. It was lovely and the breeze and sound of seagulls overhead were all the clues I needed to know that I was not far from the big blue!



Right at the mouth of a dock it was a beautiful beach (Called Kämpinge Strandbad)  to relax for a few hours and take a dip. It even had a light house in the distance. I found a nice little grassy patch (preferring it over the sand) and made myself comfortable with a book! It was a great idea, if I do say so myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment