Sunday, May 20, 2012

News...more like procrastination with a touch of narcissism

Hello everyone!

I am so sorry that I have been out of touch lately. Things have been a little crazy! I went back home to South Africa in the beginning of April for a very fast and furious two weeks. My brother and his wife had just had their second baby and my sister was about to have her first! It seemed as good a time as any  to whip out my savings and go home for a little visit. On top of that Oliver and I hadn't seem each other for four months and I was absolutley dying to see him!


As to be expected the journey home was both wonderful and chaotic! I got to meet my new nephew (Dom) and niece (Amy), do a bunch of crash dinners and drinking binges with old friends, spend time with family, and have a spot of time with Oli!


The awesome reunion!


An awesome introduction: Amy

A awesome meeting: Dom


All the while I was away my homework was building up (Jaws soundtrack) so when I got back I burred myself in my books and tried my best to get ahead. But alas it was not to be!

Two of my friends from Switzerland were in town (actually in Copenhagen) and I simply had to see them! I lived with Bianca in 2004 when I was a six week exchange student in Switzerland and we have been seeing each other sporadically throughout the years! Myself, Bianca, and Andrea had a lovely day in a rainy Copenhagen.

An awesome reunion 2

After that I was sure I would have time to get ahead but then tragedy struck and Valborg snuck up on me! I simply had to join in on the party....no two ways about it!

At the same time a friend of mine Trevor landed in Malmo. I met Trevor in South Korea when I was working as a teacher there for a year and it just so happened that he was in Malmo doing a two week crash course through his university back home (Canada). YAY!!! Not even two days after Trevor landed another friend from Korea, Karolina arrived to spend a week with me. She crashed at my place and we saw and did a lot together in the amount of time we had available! Yay!!

An awesome reunion 3

An awesome reunion 4


Then it was time for everyone to go home and I have since been hidden away in my study cave writing like a mad women attempting to get things done. I have an exam due on Monday and this post is a sure sign of procrastination but what the heck!

In other news, I got an internship for my third semester in Uppsala! Yiipppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee! That means that I will get an opportunity to live in another part of the country which I am super super excited about! I will be working at the Nordic Africa Institute within their conflict cluster and I am super, super excited!

Anyways, other than that, I have another exam paper due on the 31st and my Swedish exams at the end of the month and then its SUMMER!!! Yay!

I am holding thumbs that I get new accomodation by the end of the month or the next post I'll be writing to you from inside my make shift box!

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the glorious weather while I slave away on my paper :)


Not so awesome reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment