Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thursday night

Taken off of vinyljourney.blogspot.com
After missing my arrival sittning in August I decided to crash the arrival sittning meant for the latest exchange student arrivals. And man was it fun!
We sat down at loooooooooooooooong tables and were meant to sit boy/gitl/boy/girl but this proved too difficult for us and we totally botched it up. Food is not the most important part of a Sittning....not by a long shot.....singing and drinking are in fact the main events.  And both involve a fair amount of theatrics.

Firstly, whenever you want to cheers girls need to cheers to the right, then the left, then forward each time shouting SKOR before taking a gulp of your drink! This ends up being addictive with people just randomly staring the cycle. You are meant to cheers (or skor) after every song....and the drinking songs are a hell of a lot of fun. Some you just sing and others you find yourself on top of chairs looking like a dork.


Here here are two songs that made me giggle (note the melodies):

27. I Had A Blackout (Mel. You’re my sunshine)

I had a blackout
A major blackout
Guess I was happy
What is your name?
How did I get there?
I don’t remember
So please just take my headache away!



16. Birth Control (Mel. Yesterday)

Birth control, is the only way to save my soul,
When I’m going up my girlfriend’s hole,
Oh, I believe in birth control.

Suddenly, there’s a shotgun hanging over me,
It was unexpected pregnancy,
Oh, I believe in birth control.

Why I had to come I don’t know,
She wouldn’t blow,
I stayed in too long,
Now I long for birth control.

Syphilis, it all started with a little kiss,
Now it hurts me when I try to piss,
Oh, I believe in syphilis.

Leprosy, there are pieces falling off of me,
I’m not half the man I used to be,
Oh, I believe in leprosy.


There were loads of songs in a wide range of languages including German and French. If you would like to have a look at the ESN drinking song book click here.

Now I had decided to take the bus into town because it was cold and windy and I didn't feel like riding my bike. Man would this come back to bite me in the ass. I looked online and because it was a Thursday the last bus went back to my place at 00:19. So I had to leave the sittning early. Which I totally wasn't happy about....I was having a scream and meeting some really nice people. But alas, I also had an exam paper due the following day and really couldn't stay out until a crazy hour.

So anyways, we leave, and there is still sometime to spare for me to catch my bus so I am in no hurry. But then I get to the bus stop and see that the next bus is after 5am. Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Dammit! But luckily I Sweden is safe enough to walk home (20 min). I also did I sigh of relief because the wind had died down and it wasn't too cold but about halfway home it started to drizzle and I was caught in it :(

Eventually I stumbled through my door. Gulped some water and prayed I would be able to get up on time to finish my exam paper and hand it in. The alarm was set for 06:30.

Luckily I managed to do all of the above even though my head was pounding! It was an awesome evening I seriously suggest going to a sittning....maybe when I'm back home I'll host a sittning of my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment