Sunday, December 16, 2012

Internship!

As you know (or maybe don't because I have been so crappy at keeping you up to date lately) I am doing an internship at the Nordic Africa Institute. Our departments back at the university encouraged us to write blog entries on their graduate blog so that other people could read about the process, etc. I have writtentwo entries for them based on my time at NAI.


The latest one was about my personal and academic growth at NAI and reads:


As my internship begins to draw to a close I am able to reflect somewhat on what my internship at Nordic Africa Institute (NAI)  has meant for me in terms of both my personal and academic growth.
Tucked away in Uppsala NAI is an organization that is engaged with a wide range of African affairs. They have a high output of books and articles relating to issues on the continent and their team of highly qualified researchers is mesmerising
Having the opportunity to do a four month internship at NAI has been a rewarding experience in more ways than one. Continue reading

The previous one dealt more with my reasons for choosing to do an internship: 
Studying is hard work but it also allows you to indulge in your thoughts, to read, and to talk and argue to your heart’s content. Although reluctant to let go of these perks I knew that I needed to get some ‘real’ experience and so from the start of my Masters I had decided to go on an internship in my third semester. And the dreaded application process began….Continue reading
If you are interested feel free to give it a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment